These rules apply across all platforms managed by Galaxy Horizons.
All Players of Galaxy Horizons are responsible for their own accounts security, exemptions will not be made if your account violates our policies and it was not you.
By Joining any platforms managed by Galaxy Horizons you agree to adhere to these rules and our Terms of Service which can be viewed here
Galaxy Horizons is a PG-13 server, but the server also appeals to younger audiences, so please keep that in mind and behave appropriately.
Galaxy Horizons permits the occasional use of swear words as we understand in some areas these have become commonplace, however cursing to harass other players is unacceptable.
We operate a zero tolerance policy on any form of hate speech and discrimination, this includes but is not limited to expressing racism, homophobia, transphobia or any other type of discriminatory behavior.
Any user found to be in violation of our zero tolerance policy on hate speech will be permanently banned and Blacklisted from accessing our Network in accordance with the Blacklist Policy
Impersonation is not permitted. This includes but is not limited to impersonating staff or other players, and/or responding as a member of the staff team.
The following, but not limited to is not permitted within any of our chats, on any platform managed by Galaxy Horizons:
- Spamming/flooding chat.
- Spamming teleport requests. - If this is done to deliberately upset a player, Rule 1 may also be infringed.
- Excessive caps lock: one line of caps is acceptable, although multiple lines, messages, or an overall excessive amount of caps is not allowed.
- Spamming personal advertisements: shop ads, event ads, item requests, stream ads, etc. can be sent, although they must completely disappear from chat before they could be sent again.
The advertisement of other servers is not permitted, Sharing the IP address, website, Discord invite, or other applicable form of "advertisement" of another server will result in this rule being violated and a sanction being issued punishment.
Leaking the personal information of another player, including but not limited to IPs, full names, workplace, place of education, or location is strictly forbidden.
This is a zero-tolerance rule, an infraction of this rule will constitute a major infraction of our rules, the personal safety of our community is of the utmost importance
Players must refrain from going into controversial topics in public chat channels, unless everyone in the conversation is comfortable with it. Pushing controversial topics into heated arguments will result in disciplinary action.
Any Individual or group of individuals who are found to be involved in any form of attempt to disrupt / cause damage to the game server, the discord or other managed platform is considered a major rule infraction.
This includes but is not limited to: Releasing Server Sensitive information to third parties, planning or attempting to preform a Denial of Service attack on the server or any other type of malicious attack on our systems
The abuse of any form of server bug or exploit is not permitted,This includes bugs from vanilla, server items, plugins, etc.
Any form of duplication is not allowed.
Any item with enchants it shouldn’t have may be removed.
Use of the nether roof is permitted and glitches to gain access to this is allowed.
Any form of cheating is not permitted, this includes the following but is not limited to:
- X-ray, including any third-party ways to assist in mining or finding ores
- Speed hacks
- Fly hacks
- Minimap mods that show anything invisible to you. Radar mods/maps are not allowed.
- PVP hacks (including but not limited to: Kill Aura, Auto-click for PVP, Anti Knockback)
- Auto clickers are forbidden whilst in PVP / Combat
- Bypassing of our PVP mechanics by way of player-trapping or other method.
- Attempting to bypass a punishment.
Optifine, shaders, brightness/gamma mods, Litematica, etc. are allowed. Please see Modification Guidelines for more specific information.
There is no guarantee that an unlisted modification will be allowed in-game, see our Modification Guidelines for more information!
Griefing/Raiding/Stealing/Killing anything that does not belong to you is not allowed irrespective of claim status.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Destroying the builds of other players
- Looting of other players builds or containers
- Killing of animals that do not belong to you, such as a players pets.
- Lava Casting
Requesting an Exemption
A players build may be exempted / have its protections removed in the following circumstances.
The decision to remove a claim / allow a build to be removed can only be authorised by a member of our admin team.
A Ticket must be filed in order to request this exemption and only if a request is approved will the rule not apply.
- If the build / claim owner is permanently banned off the server due to a serious infraction of our rules.
- If a build or claim in question is deemed to be abandoned by its owner, this is defined as the owner being inactive for a period exceeding 45 days.
Players are asked to not claim or build within 100 blocks or range of another player/player claim, unless this has been mutually agreed by all claim owners.
Claims intended to block a player or troll may be removed.
If a player asks you to leave their claim/area, leave. Set homes in or around a claim may be removed upon request.
If you’re asked to leave, you must move at least 100 blocks away from the claim and not create a set home
Failure to leave will result in consequences and you will be sent to spawn by a staff member.
PVP is permitted in unclaimed and claimed areas that have the PVP Flag Enabled this is disabled in all claims by default and must be set via /claimmenu
Pushing players out of safe zones, including spawn, town warps, etc. into damage-enabled areas is not allowed.
TP killing/trapping, or attempting to, is not allowed.
In addition, trapping players is not allowed. Killing players, animals, or pets in claims is not allowed.
We ask that players do all things in moderation and adhere to these guidelines
- Don’t cause lag with excessive TNT, entities (farm harvests, ore mining), etc.
- Players who create builds with the intent to lag or crash the server will be banned. No over-the-top farms are allowed.
- Your massive mob farm will not get the rates you’re expecting on a server, and you really don’t need 20 double chests of melons and pumpkins and cactus (e.g. Pumpkin Farming). Instead focus your energies on creativity and building something pretty rather than laggy.
- Don’t run high-frequency clocks. All redstone clocks must have an “off switch”. Again, this takes up server resources and causes others to lag.
- If your build needs a clock, please ensure this is running at a reasonably slow tick rate to avoid negative impacts on server performance.
- Please be moderate with your hopper use, as these can create more lag than a running clock. We use a hopper timings limiter and large amounts of items dumped into a hopper system will likely result in a clog or severely slowed transfers.
- Farms using nether portals are not allowed. These foolishly load chunks in the corresponding world, creating lag and unnecessary memory use. Pigman spawns in portals have been disabled and any additional abuse of this mechanic will result in all players losing the ability to send entities through portals.
- Contrary to many servers, we don’t mind looking the other way when it comes to those rather popular AFK fish farms — with some important conditions:
- Fish farms using note blocks or wooden trapdoors are strictly prohibited — our block logger logs every interaction with a note block and a single session on such a farm can add hundreds of thousands of entries to that log.
- Users of fish farms should not be members of the fisherman job. This is cheating the economy. Anyone found to be in the job while using a farm will be fined and could lose their permissions to join that job in the future.
- Fish farms should not be within 180 blocks of any mob farms. This compromises mob spawning for the rest of the server.